Notes from the Lifestyle Editor

Linda Xie, Lifestyle Editor

Hey everyone! My name is Linda Xie and I am the Lifestyle Editor for the Garvey Intermediate Newspaper. To be honest, I have never been the kind of a person to step up to a leadership position, however, this year I wanted to challenge myself, thinking there was nothing to lose. I decided to apply for one of the editor positions and I am glad I made that decision.

My goal for our newspaper team is to create a comfortable and creative environment where not only newspaper staff, but the entire student body can share their very own exciting stories. I want to see a newspaper and media platform that is informative, but also engaging and fun to read. Therefore, I will do everything in my power to make sure that the newspaper is filled with diversity and perspectives from all of our students.

So far, our news team has worked on many articles ranging from serious news to fun lifestyle articles. For example, articles such as Interviews with our ASB candidates and the Summer of 2021 provide a spectrum of topics from our daily lives. Be sure to stay tuned for new articles such as “Students First Impression or Middle School” and much more to come!

Thank you for reading and with your help, I am certain that the school newspaper will be a big hit this year!

~ Linda Xie