Notes from the Lifestyle Editor

Linda Xie, Lifestyle Editor

Hey everyone! My name is Linda Xie and I am the Lifestyle Editor for the Garvey Intermediate Newspaper. To be honest, I have never been the kind of a person to step up to a leadership position, however, this year I wanted to challenge myself, thinking there was nothing to lose. I decided to apply for one of the editor positions and I am glad I made that decision.

My goal for our newspaper team is to create a comfortable and creative environment where newspaper staff and the entire student body can share their very own exciting stories. I want to see a newspaper and media platform that is informative and engaging and fun to read. Therefore, I will do everything in my power to make sure that the newspaper is filled with diversity and perspectives from all of our students.

So far, our news team has worked on many articles ranging from serious news to fun lifestyle articles. For example, articles such as Interviews with our ASB candidates and the Summer of 2021 provide a spectrum of topics from our daily lives. Be sure to stay tuned for new articles such as Students First Impression or Middle School and much more to come!

November Notes: As November approaches, the Journalism Team has lots of ideas in mind. The Lifestyle section is focusing on fall and Thanksgiving-related topics. These include the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade & Black Friday Sales. Other than this, we are also doing more interactive articles such as food recipe articles and even informative topics on the Diwali festival. Our journalism team is also working on more fun and light-hearted things such as creating personal playlists for all types, creating Fall-related poems, and making Thanksgiving cards for our loved ones. Thanksgiving is an important holiday to express thanks for those who always support you. For me, I would have to say, my family and friends at school have been my biggest supporters. Other than that, I am incredibly grateful for a house, those little thigs such as electricity, and of course, FOOD! The journalism class is excited to produce more articles and we look forward to listening to all the feedback!

Thank you for reading and with your help, I am certain that the school newspaper will be a big hit this year!

~ Linda Xie